Thursday, March 24, 2011

City Kid/Suburb Kid

Continuing with our Me on the Map unit we did a compare/contrast activity between city kids, surburb kids, and country kids.  I used The City Kid & the Suburb Kid as one of my read alouds.  It is one of those double stories--1 story that ends at the middle of the book, then flip the book over to begin a new story that ends at the middle of the book.  It shows two very different lives through illustrations, yet very similar lives through nearly identical text.  The kids gave it rave reviews.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the kids liked The City Kid & the Suburb Kid! I'd love to hear more about the activity - I like to let other teacher's know about fun activities to go with the book.

    Kind Regards,
    Deb Pilutti
    deb@debpilutti.com

    ReplyDelete